Worcester Daily PRSS has launched on the Daily PRSS hyperlocal news network and will keep the people of Worcester up-to-date with everything happening in the area, 24/7, 365, better connecting residents and businesses with their community!
Here’s our Worcester quick fact file:
- Location: Worcester is a city in Worcestershire in the West Midlands. Worcester is located 31 miles southwest of Birmingham and 27 miles north of Gloucester. The River Severn flanks the western side of the city centre.
- Population: approximately 100,000. (Source: Wikipedia).
- MP: Robin Walker, Conservative.
- Famous People Born In Worcester: Sir Edward Elgar (famous composer, born just outside in Broadheath), William Morris (creator of the Morris motor car), Karl Hyde (frontman of popular Trance group, Underworld).
- Fun Fact: One of Worcester’s most famous products, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, is made and bottled at the Midland Road factory in Worcester, which has been the home of Lea & Perrins since 1897.