Wimbledon Daily PRSS has launched on the Daily PRSS hyper-local news network and will keep the people of Wimbledon up-to-date with everything happening in the area, 24/7, 365 – better connecting residents and businesses with their community!
Here’s our Wimbledon quick fact file:
- Location: South-West London, 7 miles from the centre, in the London borough of Merton.
- Population: 68,187 (2011 census).
- MP: Stephen Hammond (Conservative).
- Famous People Born In Wimbledon: Oliver Reed (the late actor), Raymond Briggs (cartoonist), James Hunt (the late racing driver)
- Fun Fact: There’s also a small farming neighbourhood in New Zealand called Wimbledon, which was named after Wimbledon, England in the 1880s after a local resident shot a bullock from a far distance. The shot was considered by onlookers to be worthy of the rifle-shooting championships held in Wimbledon at the time!