The latest site to go live on the Daily PRSS hyperlocal news network is Navan Daily PRSS, keeping the people of Navan and County Meath up-to-date with everything happening in the county, 24/7, 365 and better connecting residents and businesses with their community!
Here’s our Navan quick fact file:
- Location: Navan is the county town of County Meath and in the province of Leinster, located along the River Boyne. Navan is located around 36 miles North-West of Dublin.
- Population: The population of Navan and the immediate surrounding areas is approximately 32,000, with the population of County Meath as a whole being just under 200,000 (Source: Wikipedia). Other towns in the county include Trim, Kells, Laytown, Ashbourne and Dunboyne.
- TD’s: Shane Cassells (Fianna Fáil), Peadar Tóibín (Sinn Féin), Damien English (Fine Gael).
- Famous Navan people: Sir Francis Beaufort, inventor of the wind scale, was born in Navan, whilst the town was also the childhood home of former James Bond actor, Pierce Brosnan.
- Fun Fact: Navan is one of the world’s few towns that has a palindromic name!