Battersea Daily PRSS has launched on the Daily PRSS hyper-local news network and will keep the people of Battersea & Clapham Junction up-to-date with everything happening in the area, 24/7, 365 – better connecting residents and businesses with their community!
Here’s our Battersea quick fact file:
- Location: South-West London on the banks of the Thames, 3 miles from the centre, in the London borough of Wandsworth.
- Population: 73,345 (2011 census).
- MP: Marsha de Cordova (Labour).
- Famous People Born In Battersea: Johnny Briggs (the actor who played Mike Baldwin in Coronation Street!), Monie Love (Hip-Hop Artist) and Buster Merryfield (the actor who played Uncle Albert in Only Fools & Horses!).
- Fun Fact: The iconic Grade II-listed Battersea Power station (pictured above) actually comprises two power stations, built in two stages in a single building. Battersea A Power Station was built in the 1930’s and Battersea B Power Station to its east in the 1950’s. They were built to a nearly identical design, providing the iconic four-chimney structure. The station ceased generating in 1983, but has become one of the best known landmarks not only in London, but throughout the world, not least because if its many popular culture references, including the artwork on the cover of Pink Floyd’s 1977 album, Animals.